So…. you are planning to visit EPCOT, but aren’t sure when to go. My husband are are Annual Pass Holders because we only live about 2 and a half hours away! We can hop in the car and go pretty much anytime of the year.
I have come up with my TOP 5 REASONS TO VISIT EPCOT IN APRIL:
1. THE WEATHER — Let’s just say here in Florida we go from warm to hot!
The average highs are 83 degrees F and 28 degrees C.
The average lows are 60 degrees F and 16 degrees C.
The average rain fall is 2.7 inches or 6 days out of the month.
TIP: Head over to Walmart in Orlando to purchase Rain Ponchos. You can find Disney themed characters at a fraction of a cost—and you will be prepared should it rain!
The average humidity is 67 %. This is the key right here!! For Florida this is still considered cool. We can soar up to almost 80 % in August.
2. LESS CROWDED — April is considered an off season for tourist. This means the parks are less crowded. You will have less wait times in lines to attractions and to eat in the restaurants.
3. HOTEL RATES ARE CHEAPER — We were able to stay at the Buena Vista Palace for about $90 per night. The hotel has free bus service to the parks. Plus, it is across the street from Disney Springs.
4. EPCOT’S FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL — This beautiful event is held March 2-May 30, 2016.
The park is awash in brilliant color from thousands of flowers.
The fragrance is so sweet and intoxicating!
Topiaries of Disney characters are all over the park.
Can you spot your favorite character?
5. The Food — During the Flower & Garden Festival 13 kiosks are set up with menu choices such as:
- Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragoût, Spring Vegetables and Marble Potatoes
- House-made Potato and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare
- Pineapple Soft-serve
- Pineapple Soft-serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- Jerk-spice Grouper or Chicken with Mango Salsa, Chayote and Green Papaya Slaw with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips
“Armer Ritter” Egg Battered Toast with Cherry Compote and Powdered Sugar
Of course you can pick a country to enjoy a restaurant. We chose France.
There you have it! Are you buying your airline tickets? You won’t regret it.
Let me know how your trip was. Leave a comment!