5 Items to Make Your Cruise Cabin More Comfortable
My family and I just returned from a five day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and two days at sea. The time on the ocean and exploring the islands was relaxing and enjoyable!
We have been cruising for many years. I was determined to make our little inside cabin more comfortable. Don’t get me wrong. There are lots of little shelves and drawers and closet space to stash your belongings. I was looking to go those extra little steps to make it cozy.
Here are 5 Items to Make Your Cruise Cabin More Comfortable:
1) hanging two-sided jewelry holder — this one came from JoAnn’s Craft Store. I used a coupon and got 40% off the $14.99 price.
I hung the jewelry pouch on a hook next to the mirror. It stored my makeup, brushes, tissues, deck of cards, nail polish…. The jewelry pouch has two sides and 30 pockets! Very handy. Plus it keeps all of this off the counter tops.
2) magnetic hooks (similar) — I got mine at Target, which has a cute selection of magnetic hooks. Did you know the walls and doors in your cabin are all magnetic?! It makes for a fun way to display and store things. I clipped the daily news bulletin to the wall. We always knew right where to find it.
The magnets we collect from travels made a cute addition to my wall collage! Those went on the wall as cute decorations. My husband and I communicated with each other with the notepad hanging on the wall. Again, always knowing where to look without cluttering the counters.
3) car air fresheners — Cruise cabins are small and can get stuffy–especially if you are in an inside cabin. I was glad to have these air fresheners! Bayside Breeze was appropriate for a cruise! They come in a three-pack. I gave one to our daughter for their room and I put one in our bathroom and the other on a hook on the wall in our cabin. They kept the room smelling fresh!
4) collapsible clothes hamper (similar) — I picked this one up from Five Below.
Having a hamper just made life so much simpler and the room more organized by having a place to throw dirty clothes. This just collapses down and fits nicely in luggage. At the end of the cruise I just dumped all the dirty clothes into the large bag I used on the beach and packed it it the suitcase.
5) hanging shoe organizer — I don’t have a link for this one. I found mine in the One Spot at Target.
I brought a couple of extra plastic hangers. One was used for this shoe organizer. It was perfect for my sandals and dress shoes and workout shoes.
Late July and early August is a great time to find these organizers. The hanging shoe organizer is geared for a dorm room, but it is great for cruises too!
I hope these 5 Items to Make Your Cruise Cabin More Comfortable work for you. I would love to hear your tips for a cozier cabin. Comment below or find me on Facebook!